Quality Assurance & Food Safety Specialist
Depending on experience
Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager
The Quality Assurance and Food Safety Specialist works with the Quality Assurance Manager in all aspects of the food safety program and sampling program and works to ensure that the entire company team has GFSI as its heartbeat through collegial collaboration with the team. You enhance our food safety culture by working to ensure that compliance is a natural daily way of thinking. Over time, as the team builds out, currently assigned tasks may be transferred to the operations team.
Corporate Team Structure
The company has a triple bottom line approach of people, planet, profit and that we are on a path to B Corp status. Read more about Certified B Corporations
Clean food that is sustainable, traceable, and responsibly sourced is our commitment and we look to you to develop a corporate culture of food around this commitment.
- Supplier Approval Process
- Materials Approval Process
- Incoming Quality Assurance Process
- Execute our Sampling Program with 3rd party lab
- Work with colleagues to monitor Stage I and Stage II of IQA Document Set build
- Supporting continuous improvements through monthly rattlesnake hunts and applying training as needed
- Performing GMP and food safety audits for contractors and service providers
- Overseeing and leading non-conforming reporting and seeing that corrective actions are completed
- Overseeing new packaging and product development processes from start to finish and providing reports to management
- Verifying SOP and production food safety start up records
- Notifying area supervisor or management of potential food safety issues
- Serving as back up trainer for Director of Quality Assurance, Food Safety & compliance
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Responsible for implementing & maintaining Food Safety Quality Management System (FSQM) that supports CCL/Culimer’s programs and protocols.
- Responsible for company adherence to GFSI standards.
- Responsible for compliance of products and processes to company, customer and regulatory requirements.
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or suppliers.
- Collaborate with foreign and domestic product/service suppliers on all matters compliance related.
- Perform Supplier Approval Process and Materials Approval Process for all new suppliers and products.
- Maintain an ongoing detailed trend analysis, risk assessment, for all suppliers suppliers.
- Working with the QA manager, suggesting and implementing ongoing updates of FSQM programs including BRCGS, MSC/ASC Certification program, HACCP Program, Standard Operating Procedures, New Product Development Program, Approved Supplier & Product Program,
- Product Quality Assurance, Customer Complaints & Incoming Quality Assurance Programs.
- Manage the New Product Development process with colleagues resulting in compliant and sale-ready products.
- Execute regular mock recalls, traceability exercises, and other stress tests to keep CCL compliant with BRCGS standards and prepared for annual audits.
- Become expert in the various software tools used to execute and maintain our food safety leadership. This includes 3iVerify and Trace Register.
- Execute Independent FSQM Internal Audit Program – BRCGS Audits.
- Prepare the Weekly QA Meeting Agenda, record the outcomes, and log reports.
- Bachelor’s degree required, relevant field to food safety or 3 years professional experience
- Working knowledge of GFSI, HACCP and FSMA standards
- Knowledge of food microbiology, food safety, and food defense required
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, 5S or Kaizen preferred
- Strong aptitude for data analysis and reporting
- Strong mathematical skills, reading comprehension and proficiency in required computer systems
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and respond positively to changes in daily duties and workload
- Can work independently with limited supervision and as part of a team
Onsite (no remote option)
401(k) - 100% match up to 6%
HSA & FSA
How to Apply
To apply, use the link to send us an email with a short paragraph introducing yourself, and attach your resume.Email Us